The CSP has launched a daily plan designed to guide people through the first tough month of healthy New Year's Resolutions
To make it easier to keep New Year’s resolutions for those pledging to improve their health during 2008, the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) has launched Happy New You, a daily plan designed to guide people through the first tough month of the year.
At a time when the public is being inundated with messages about levels of exercise, fitness and obesity, making a New Year’s resolution to get healthy can be a daunting task.
Many people will be promising to spend the next twelve months getting fit and improving their health. But deciding what to do can be confusing, and over-ambitious targets can lead to good intentions falling by the wayside.
The CSP’s month-long wall planner is made up of 31 simple activities that can be integrated into everyday life and is intended as a realistic, no-nonsense approach to kick-starting a healthier lifestyle.
Chartered physiotherapist Sammy Margo, who advised on the exercises for the planner, said: “The start of a new year is a great opportunity to take control of your health and fitness. The Happy New You planner makes it easy to change small things in your everyday life and reap big rewards. The daily advice includes exercises and tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Just choose the activities that work best for you, maintain them throughout the year and you’ll hardly realise you’re sticking to your resolution.”
The planner is available to download at http://www.csp.org.uk/happynewyou
Notes to editors
1. For more information, please call the CSP press office on 020 7306 6628 / 6163. Out of hours please call Becky Darke on 07900 160349 or Prabh Salaman on 07795 564240.
2. The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy is the professional, educational and trade union body for the UK's 49,000 chartered physiotherapists, physiotherapy students and assistants.
3. Members of the public can get some extra support and compare their progress to our volunteer, also trying to stick to her healthy New Year’s resolution, by logging on to www.csp.org.uk/happynewyou
4. Sammy Margo is available for interviews.
5. A PDF of the CSP’s Happy New You planner is attached to this press release.
Happy New You planner